Currently, I am an assistant professor at the Department of Advanced Computing Sciences (DACS) and at Maastricht Law+Tech Lab (Faculty of Law), at Maastricht University (UM) in the Netherlands. My current work/research lies in the area His current work lies in the area of Social Computing and includes computational social media modeling, dialogue systems (conversational agents) and information retrieval, topic detection and tracking from text data and pattern discovery from multimodal data sources. More specifically, I am interested into using Large Language Models (like chatGPT) in a controlled way and build useful applications that have added value for all relevant stakeholders.
- Member of the research area Cognitive Systems (at DACS/UM)
- Member of the Maastricht Law and Tech Lab
- PI for the EU project VOXReality
- Technical expert for E-enforcement academy project (EU CPC Network)
- Coordinator of MaastrichtNLP (MNLP), a reading group for NLP for the whole UM community
- Member of the I-board of UM (Chief Research Information Officer (CRIO)), I-research domain.
- Member of the Open Science Community Maastricht
Fun fact: You can find a guide to my name here.
- Nov/2023: Mado Ntekouli has published a paper at “Machine Learning with Applications”. In this paper we explore different options (via simulations) for clustering individuals’ multivariate timeseries (EMA) data. Read the pre-proof here.
- Oct/2023: We will have one paper at BNAIC/BeNeLearn 2023, first-authored by Mado Ntekouli (PhD in NSMD project), titled “Model-based Clustering of Individuals’ Ecological Momentary Assessment Time-series Data for Improving Forecasting Performance”. Preprint here.
- Oct/2023: We will have two papers at EMNLP 2023 (main conference). (1) is co-authored by Vageesh Saxena (PhD in Law & Tech Lab), titled “IDTraffickers: An Authorship Attribution Dataset to link and connect Potential Human-Trafficking Operations on Text Escort Advertisements”. Preprint here. (2) is co-authored with colleagues in NLP, law and regulation theory and is a position paper on regulating LLMs. Preprint here.
- Oct/2023: Our paper with DACS students (Fabio, Kristian, Sander and Carlos) and Anda Iamnitchi on detecting coordination information campaigns on social media using multi-modal embeddings (content, time, network) will be presented at MISDOOM 2003! Preprint here.